NEW Mediation Training
MEDIATION TRAINING IS NOW DELIVERED ONLINE!
FLEXIBLE STUDY ARRANGEMENTS AVAILABLE
Inclusion of Mediation as a preferred mode of dispute resolution is becoming increasingly incorporated into State and Commonwealth legislation (eg Family Law, Workplace Disputes) with the emphasis in moving disputes away from adversarial processes and into more collaborative systems.
CRS Mediation Training combines up-to-date theory and practice with opportunities for role plays and workshops, one-on-one coaching and personalised feedback.
THE COURSE WILL TAKE PARTICIPANTS THROUGH:
- The philosophy, principles and ethics of mediation
- Understanding conflict
- Cross-cultural issues
- Power dynamics
- Screening and assessing disputes
- The stages of mediation
- Debriefing and reporting
- Negotiation techniques and skills
- Operating as a sole or team practitioner
PARTICIPANTS WILL GRADUATE WITH:
- The practical skills to diagnose and respond to conflict;
- The insight to tailor practices and strategies to different settings, including workplaces, commercial relationships, families, neighbourhoods and schools;
- Confidence in working within different cultural contexts and responding appropriately to individual relationship dynamics and emotional needs; and
- The qualification to a rewarding career in mediation.
Successful completion of this training will satisfy the training requirements under the National Mediation Accreditation Standards; and meet pre-requisite Mediation Training requirements to undertake further studies towards accreditation as a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner.
The course is designed to support the practice of Mediation and Co-Mediation across a broad range of government and private sectors including various industries, agencies and community groups.