Executive Assistant Upskilling & High Performance
Build effectiveness, confidence and influence to truly own your role
As an executive assistant, you are the linchpin of your organisation. But there are ways that you can add more value to your executive while growing your own career. Join #1 rated facilitator and podcast host Liz Van Vliet to learn how to cultivate your skills, knowledge, effectiveness and strategic thinking – ‘The Four Pillars of a Linchpin Assistant’.
Thoughtfully designed to fit around your busy schedule, this interactive four-part Seminar Series will provide you with the tools you need to upskill and build the necessary confidence to thrive in your role.
Develop your communication skills, cultivate healthier working relationships, manage increased stress, master your time management and expand your influence. Take away strategies that will leave you feeling empowered to step up in your career and grow as a successful executive assistant and business partner.
- Cultivate skills to boost your emotional intelligence, communication, confidence and influence
- Manage your time more effectively and use technology to work smarter not harder
- Become a person of influence, expand your network and mentor the next generation
- Align your thinking with your boss’s to anticipate issues before they appear
- A toolkit of takeaway resources – Walk away with a toolkit of practical resources, frameworks and hacks that you will be able to implement immediately to help you reach your professional development goals
- Live Q&A – Ask your burning questions and get clarity in an open Q&A discussion, to ensure you can translate your learnings into practice in your work context
- Short, sharp and value-packed sessions – Designed to fit around your busy schedule, maximise your learnings and put theory into practice across the four-week series
- A highly engaging, highly rated facilitator – Liz is an experienced facilitator and will keep you engaged throughout each session. After leading over 500+ past delegates, Liz has a current average customer satisfaction rating of 92%