Data Visualisation & Storytelling for Regulators
From data to influence – How do you tell a story with your data & influence key stakeholders?
Data visualisation and data storytelling are core components of data literacy. They are also considered critical skills for people responsible for exploring data to find valuable insights, and communicating these insights clearly and accurately to decision makers in a way that is compelling and derives the desired action. These skills are vital to regulators in their journey to being a modern regulator as they move away from traditional compliance methods and explore various tools including data visualisation and data storytelling to drive better decision making to identify and prevent non-compliance.
In this practical and interactive workshop, you will learn how to create exploratory and explanatory data visualisations, and combine the data visualisations with a narrative structure to create compelling data presentations that will capture your audience’s attention and increase the chance of the desired action being taken. The workshop combines best practices from both academic research and industry experience. The workshop includes a number of small group exercises that allow you to practice new skills using real-life workplace scenarios and receive immediate feedback from the facilitator.
What should you expect from this workshop?
- The support and guidance of an expert: Ask your questions and work through challenges at the right pace
- Small group-based problem activity sessions to translate theory into practice and to bring your own data visualisations to improve your data narrative
- Module-based learning: Giving you the time to digest the content and put new skills and methods into practice between module one, two and three
- Networking opportunities: Build new connections with like minded peers from several state and federal regulators in small group settings
- Professional online event delivery team and live IT support: This isn’t our first rodeo. We specialise in delivering online learning and have served thousands of customers. Our live event delivery team will be online with you to address any IT challenges and support the facilitator so everyone can focus on learning, without distractions
Attend to learn:
- Apply exploratory data visualisation principles to help you understand your data and identify insights
- Apply explanatory data visualisation principles to create data visualisations that communicate insights clearly and unambiguously
- Use the storyboarding technique to plan the content and structure of a data presentation
- Use the narrative structure and storytelling techniques to deliver compelling data presentations