Child Centred Approaches to Responding to Family Violence
Recognising children as primary victims of family violence
Children are often the silent victims of family violence, while they are not always heard they are always impacted. Exposure to family violence often poses serious long term effects on the physical, emotional and developmental needs of a child.
It is pivotal that children are heard, empowered and considered from crisis through to recovery.
The Hatchery’s Child Centred Approaches to Responding to Family Violence will bring together senior leaders and practitioners from across the sector with the purpose of driving forward real change by putting the child’s rights, voice and needs as the centre of services.
This conference will unpack practice responses to engage the voice of children, how to navigate conversations with children, working with adolescents who use violence and insights into improving service integration.
Why attend this event?
- Hear international speakers from the Safe & Together Institute & the Centre for Response Based Practice
- Maximise your learning outcomes by attending pre & post conference seminars facilitated by David Mandel & Dr Allan Wade
- Share your thoughts & ask questions during live Q&A & an interactive roundtable discussion
- Reduce your carbon footprint by attending this online event
- Excellent Connectivity & a tailored online experience facilitated by our premier conference platform & experienced IT, AV & delivery teams
Who will attend?
Representatives of the Community, Government, Police & Justice sectors with responsibilities for:
- Children/Child Protection
- Family/Domestic Violence
- Family Support Services
- Women’s Services
- Men’s Behaviour Change
- Violence Prevention
- Mental Health
- Drugs and Alcohol
Free Pass Application
The Hatchery is dedicated to connecting people with knowledge to inspire change. To do this, we endeavour to make our conferences as
accessible as possible. As such, The Hatchery is delighted to offer a select number of free passes to organisations & representatives of small NGOs & interested individuals who may not otherwise be able to pay to attend.
To apply, please contact email@example.com
Need a business proposal to send to your boss? Click here to download the template
Attend to learn:
- Insights from international keynote speakers David Mandel & Dr Allan Wade
- Hear how the voice of children is embedded in Family Court, Child Protection & Police
- Learn how to implement age appropriate safety planning
- Implement cultural practice frameworks when working with Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander children & families